Falls Reserve Conservation Area
Summer Campground Positions
Are you looking for an opportunity to build your career over the summer? Are you an organized and responsible individual that takes pride in the quality of your work? Do you want to be part of a team that provides great customer services while protecting a unique ecosystem where people can interact with nature? If so, we invite you to apply to join the Falls Reserve Conservation Area team this summer! Falls Reserve is located at 80900 Falls Reserve Line, in Benmiller, Ontario.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2018
Wage Rate: $14.00 per hour
Positions start as early as May 4th through to September 3rd, 2018
Gate Attendant – 1 position available
Location: Benmiller, Ontario
An adaptable, flexible staff member needed for campground customer service and gatehouse clerical operations. The successful applicant will be an outgoing, strong member of our team and have good judgment when dealing with Conservation Area visitors.
Duties will include: issuing permits and collecting fees, operation of our computer-based booking system, answering the phone, monitoring vehicle and visitor entry and providing information to visitors about the Conservation Area. Other key tasks will be ensuring visitor compliance with Conservation Area rules and regulations and general maintenance including; janitorial upkeep of washroom facilities, trash and litter collection and campground duties as assigned. Based on applicant’s skill set, responsibilities may include supervision and leadership of other summer staff.
Maintenance Worker/ Park Ranger – 2 positions available
Location: Benmiller, Ontario
Adaptable, flexible staff needed for campground customer service, janitorial and grounds maintenance, as well as park patrol duties. The successful applicants will be outgoing, strong members of our team and have good judgment when dealing with Conservation Area visitors.
Duties will focus on general park maintenance including: janitorial upkeep of washroom facilities and grounds, grass mowing and trimming, trail maintenance, trash and litter collection, campsite cleanup, painting and other duties as assigned. The successful applicants will perform regular patrols of the Conservation Area to ensure visitor compliance with the Conservation Area rules and regulations and be available to answer visitor questions and provide customer services when needed. Other key duties include: assisting with gate control, issuing permits, collecting fees, operation of our computer-based booking system and answering the phone. Based on applicant’s skill set, responsibilities may include supervision and leadership of other summer staff.
Do you have what it takes?
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills
- Responsible, reliable and well-organized individual
- Must be able to work every weekend including holidays
- Experience handling money and performing other types of payment transactions
- Experience operating a computer and answering the phone
- Ability to communicate effectively with visitors and staff verbally and in written correspondence
- Excellent ability to be self-motivated, work independently with minimal supervision while prioritizing tasks at hand
- Experience or ability operating maintenance equipment such as weed trimmers, mowers, tractors and utility vehicles, etc. is an asset to Maintenance Worker/ Park Ranger position
- Experience or ability to perform regular patrols of the Conservation Area with a knowledge and understanding of Conservation Area Regulations. Ability to indicate infractions, find resolutions and gain compliance is an asset to Maintenance Worker/ Park Ranger position.
- Experience supervising and motivating summer staff effectively and providing guidance is an asset
- Standard First Aid and CPR certification is an asset
- Must possess a valid Class “G2” or “G” driver’s license in good standing
How to Apply:
Apply by email with cover letter and resume application to the Park Superintendent Jason Moir at email@example.com or fax to 519-524-6022. Please submit email applications in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.