Field Services Assistant
The Maitland Valley Conservation Authority is currently accepting applications for a Field Services Assistant. This is a summer student position.
Anticipated Starting Date: June 4, 2018
Duration: 13 weeks; 37.5 hours per week
Location: Maitland Conservation Administration Centre, Wroxeter
Reporting to the Conservation Areas Coordinator, the candidate will be required to assist with the management and maintenance of Conservation Authority owned buildings and lands. Projects will include nature trail maintenance (boardwalk construction and sign installation), building maintenance and reforestation site tending. Other duties may include lawn and garden care, garbage collection, painting, vehicle and equipment maintenance, and other duties as assigned.
- Working towards a post-secondary education in Environmental Studies, Resource Management, Forestry or related field. Secondary school students considering these areas of study are also welcome to apply.
- Ability to work as part of a team and/or with minimum supervision
- Good analytical, organizational and communications skills
- Willingness to work outdoors, occasionally under adverse weather conditions
- Ability to operate tractors, vehicles and trailers
- Ability to perform carpentry as well as proper use of power tools and related equipment
- Ability to lift heavy objects
- Valid Class G Ontario driver’s licence required
- Chainsaw certification would be an asset
Wage Rate: $14.00 per hour (37.5 hours per week)
How to Apply:
Apply by email with a cover letter and resume to Stewart Lockie, Conservation Areas Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 519-335-3516. Please submit email applications in Microsoft Word or .pdf format.
Application Deadline: April 27, 2018
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will accommodate the needs of applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please advise us to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.