Field Services Assistant
Maitland Conservation is currently accepting applications for a Field Services Assistant. This is a summer student position.
Anticipated Starting Date: May 6th, 2019
Duration: 13-16 weeks; 37.5 hours per week. Duration of position is dependent on funding.
Location:Maitland Valley Conservation Authority Administration Centre in Wroxeter
Reporting to the Conservation Areas Coordinator, the candidate will be required to assist with the management and maintenance of Conservation Authority owned buildings and lands. Projects will include walking trail maintenance (boardwalk construction and sign installation), building maintenance and reforestation site tending. Other duties may include lawn and garden care, garbage collection, painting, vehicle and equipment maintenance, and other duties as assigned.
- Willingness to work outdoors, occasionally under adverse weather conditions
- Ability to operate tractors, vehicles and trailers
- Ability to perform carpentry as well as proper use of power tools and related equipment
- Ability to work as part of a team and/or with minimum supervision
- Good analytical, organizational and communications skills
- Valid Class G Ontario driver’s license required
- Ability to lift heavy objects
- Working towards a post-secondary education in Environmental Studies, Resource Management, Forestry or related field would be asset
- Chainsaw certification would be an asset
Wage Rate: $14.50 per hour (37.5 hours per week)
How to Apply: Apply by email with a cover letter and resume to Stewart Lockie, Conservation Areas Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax 519-335-3516. Please submit email applications in Microsoft Word or .pdf format.
Application Deadline: April 17th, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Maitland Conservation is an equal opportunity employer. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance. Please note that this position requires work in natural areas. Some sections of these properties are not accessible to visitors with mobility impairment.