The Maitland Valley Conservation Authority is currently accepting applications for a Field Services Assistant. This is a summer student position.
Duration: 9 weeks; 37.5 hours per week
Starting Date: July 4th starting date
Location: Maitland Valley Conservation Authority Administration Centre in Wroxeter
Reporting to the Conservation Areas Coordinator, the candidate will be required to assist with projects that are supported by the Maitland Conservation Foundation. Projects will include nature trail maintenance (boardwalk and bridge construction), building maintenance and reforestation site tending. Other duties may include lawn and garden care, garbage collection, painting, vehicle and equipment maintenance, and other duties as assigned.
- Working towards a post secondary education in Environmental Studies, Resource Management, Forestry or related field
- Ability to work as part of a team and/or with minimum supervision
- Good analytical, organizational and communications skills
- Willingness to work outdoors, occasionally under adverse weather conditions
- Ability to operate tractors, vehicles and trailers
- Ability to perform carpentry as well as proper use of power tools and related equipment
- Ability to lift heavy objects
- Valid Class G Ontario driver’s licence required
- Chainsaw certification would be an asset
Wage Rate: $12.00 per hour (37.5 hours per week)
How to Apply: Apply by email with a cover letter and resume to Stewart Lockie, Conservation Areas Coordinator, at email@example.com or by fax 519-335-3516. Please submit email applications in Microsoft Word or .pdf format.
Application Deadline: May 31st, 2017
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.