Reservations for the 2021 camping season open January 4, 2021. The 2021 campground operating camping season is April 16, 2021 through October 17, 2021. To make your reservation please click on: 2021 Camping Reservations
Falls Reserve Operations Update – January 4, 2021
The park remains open to day-use visitors throughout the year. Please note:
- A day-use park entry fee is still required during the off season. If you’re a regular visitor consider purchasing a FRCA membership for $100. Memberships are valid for one year from the date of purchase.
- Dogs are welcome but must be on a leash and owners are asked to clean up after their pet.
- Stay safe – when you’re walking in the park practice physical distancing by remaining at least two metres away from other visitors
- Keep moving – use the trails to move, not gather.
- Shared space – stay alert, walkers, skiers, snowshoers bikers use our trails.
Upcoming 2021 Camping Season – COVID-19 Advisory
Due to the on-going pandemic, your camping visit this season will be a little different from past years. Conservation Areas and natural green spaces play an important role in both our physical and mental well-being. We need your help to reduce the spread of COVID-19 so Falls Reserve can stay open and safe for visitors.
Some policies regarding camping and reservations may need to be modified ahead of the new camping season. We will be offering many of our usual services and facilities to visitors. However, some restrictions may apply. Please check this page prior to your arrival for details on what’s available.
When you visit, continue to follow public health advice including:
- physical distancing,
- wearing a face covering where required and when physical distancing is not possible
- wash hands regularly with soap and water or hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
- avoid large groups
- respect posted closures for your safety
The 2021 campground operating season runs from April 16, 2021 to October 17, 2021. On-line reservations are now available at: 2021 Camping Reservations
- A maximum of six (6) people are permitted to occupy a campsite including children and babies
- All campsites are based on single household family occupancy (2 adults and their children under 18-years of age). Each additional adult over 2 adults will be charged a $5.00 nightly rate.
- Stay safe – it is encouraged that only people living at the same address camp together at a single campsite, regardless of the campsite capacity.
- Changes to Cedar Campground – the number of campsites in Cedar has been reduced to reduce the pressure on facilities during the pandemic. Cedar has also been designated as a Radio and Audio Equipment Prohibited Camping Area to promote a family camping environment for campers.
For information on the local COVID-19 situation visit the Huron Perth Public Health website at: hpph.ca
Set along the scenic Maitland River, just minutes from Goderich, Falls Reserve Conservation Area is a 230 acre natural outdoor playground. The Conservation Area offers terrific camping experiences: a perfect combination of great family camping in a beautiful natural setting.
Falls Reserve is nearly enclosed by the winding Maitland River. Over thousands of years the river has carved its way through rock, leaving behind a rugged river valley. Wide and shallow, the river cascades over a series of low waterfalls as it flows around the park creating a unique and exciting swimming area for visitors.
The steep slopes of the river valley, particularly from Auburn to Goderich, are well vegetated and provide important wildlife habitat. Some of the Easter White Cedar trees that cling to the exposed limestone cliffs are over 300 years old. This is probably the only old growth forest remaining in the Maitland watershed.
The lower Maitland River valley is also home to various plant species typically found in the more southern Carolinian zone. Some of these species include Butternut Hickory, Sycamore and Summer Grape. The area is also an important migratory bird route and a terrific spot for bird watching in spring and fall. Watch for Bald Eagles soaring over the Maitland River.
Falls Reserve Conservation Area is located atClick here for Directions
80900 Falls Reserve Line in Benmiller.
Visit the Falls Reserve CA Facebook page