June 30, 2020
Falls Reserve Conservation Area is gradually reopening to visitors. If the park is to remain open we need visitors to respect the operating procedures outlined below. If you’re calling or emailing with questions please be patient; park staff are very busy dealing with park operations and camping inquires.
Falls Reserve is now accepting applications for new seasonal campers. Please email email@example.com for information on application and site availability.
The park is now open for vehicle day use entry from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm daily. Day use permits will only be issued until 6:00 pm, but day visitors may stay in the park until 8:00 pm.
Day use washrooms are now open with strict physical distancing guidelines in place. Only one household, social circle or single individual may use the washroom facilities at one time. Washrooms will be closed during posted times of the day for cleaning, disinfecting or maintenance.
Please note the following day use restrictions:
- Day use visitors will NOT be permitted to enter campground areas.
- Walkers and cyclists are asked to stay on the trails and paved road surfaces. Follow physical distancing recommendations – stay 2 metres apart.
- Day use areas are open to small gatherings of 10 people or less if you are members of the same household or social circle.
- Please maintain physical distancing with anyone who is not part of your household or social circle.
- Picnic tables and BBQs are NOT available for use in the day use areas.
- Anyone feeling sick or showing symptoms of COVID19 shall not enter the Conservation Area.
The following park facilities remain closed:
- Picnic areas and shelters
- Fishing Pond closed to fishing – the pond has NOT been stocked for the 2020 season
- On-line reservations may be made anytime at: http://www.mvca.on.ca/camping/falls-reserve-camping-reservations/
- Advanced reservations are currently required to camp at Falls Reserve. Please do not arrive at the park without a reservation.
- Reservations may also be made by phone from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm daily at 519-524-6429 or at 1-877-FALLSCA.
- Please email MVweb@camis.com or call 519-524-6429 or toll free 1-877-FALLSCA for questions about your current booking.
- Both serviced and non-serviced campsites are now open at Falls Reserve.
- Campsite occupancy is limited to 6 people (including children and infants) per campsite as set out in our Conservation Area Regulations. Campsite occupancy is restricted to people living at the same home address or within the same social circle.
- Extra fees apply to campsites with more than 2 adults, as per campsite booking policies.
- The gatehouse is open from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm from Saturday to Thursday. The gatehouse is open from 9:00 am to 10:00 pm on Fridays. Only campers with a prior campsite booking may enter the park after these hours to access their reserved campsite. If you arrive after hours staff will stop by your campsite to verify your reservation. Remember, please do not arrive at the park without a reservation.
- Out of park visitors will NOT be allowed in to visit the campgrounds.
- In-park campers are allowed to visit other campsites as long as site gatherings do not exceed 10 people maximum and 2 metre physical distancing measures are in place.
- Campers with bathroom facilities in their trailers are encouraged to use those facilities rather than the park washrooms.
- Campground washrooms are open with strict physical distancing guidelines in place. Only one household, social circle or single individual may use the washroom facilities at one time.
- Washrooms will be closed during posted times of the day for cleaning, disinfecting or maintenance. A barricade will be placed around the washrooms while they are being cleaned. Please respect this barricade.
- Showers remain closed until further notice.
Group campsites remaining closed until further notice.
Please check back regularly to stay informed on the status of the camping season.
For information on the local COVID-19 situation visit the Huron Perth Public Health website at: hpph.ca
Set along the scenic Maitland River, just minutes from Goderich, Falls Reserve Conservation Area is a 230 acre natural outdoor playground. The Conservation Area offers terrific camping experiences: a perfect combination of great family camping in a beautiful natural setting.
Falls Reserve is nearly enclosed by the winding Maitland River. Over thousands of years the river has carved its way through rock, leaving behind a rugged river valley. Wide and shallow, the river cascades over a series of low waterfalls as it flows around the park creating a unique and exciting swimming area for visitors.
The steep slopes of the river valley, particularly from Auburn to Goderich, are well vegetated and provide important wildlife habitat. Some of the Easter White Cedar trees that cling to the exposed limestone cliffs are over 300 years old. This is probably the only old growth forest remaining in the Maitland watershed.
The lower Maitland River valley is also home to various plant species typically found in the more southern Carolinian zone. Some of these species include Butternut Hickory, Sycamore and Summer Grape. The area is also an important migratory bird route and a terrific spot for bird watching in spring and fall. Watch for Bald Eagles soaring over the Maitland River.
Falls Reserve Conservation Area is located atClick here for Directions
80900 Falls Reserve Line in Benmiller.
Visit the Falls Reserve CA Facebook page