The Maitland Conservation Foundation (MCF) works in partnership with Maitland Conservation to raise funds for watershed projects. The Foundation is a registered, charitable organization that is led by a volunteer Board of Directors. The MCF has been raising funds significant local projects since its incorporation in 1975.
Through the Foundation, individuals and businesses can contribute to projects that protect and enhance watershed forests, rivers and soil. The Foundation welcomes general donations or donors are welcome to direct funds to specific projects including:
- Middle Maitland Headwaters Restoration Project – assisting landowners to improve water quality and quantity by buffering watercourses and planting trees on marginal farmland.
- Wawanosh Valley Conservation Area – property improvements including boardwalk replacement, the creation of wildflower meadows and signage.
- George Taylor Conservation Area – development of wildflower meadows.
- Restoring the Maitland Campaign – raising funds for the Middle Maitland Headwaters Restoration Project, the Garvey-Glenn Watershed Project and Conservation Areas improvements including the replacement of the footbridge at Wawanosh Valley Conservation Area
All donations over $10 are acknowledged with a letter of thanks and a receipt for income tax purposes.
Annual Dinner and Auction – The 2018 Dinner and Auction will be held in April at the Brussels Morris and Grey Community Centre in Brussels. This year marks the 3oth anniversary of the Dinner and Auction and we’re in the midst of planning for our best one ever! If you have an idea for a unique auction item, or you’d like to assist with the event, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Memorial and Celebration Groves – located at George Taylor Conservation Area located south of Walton. For a donation of $100 a large-stock deciduous tree will be planted in memory of a loved one or in celebration of a milestone event. Smaller donations are also gratefully accepted. Individual trees in the groves are not identified with names; however donor and memorial names are listed on a kiosk at the site. To arrange for a memorial or celebration tree planting please call the Foundation at 519-335-3557 ext. 246 or email email@example.com. Donations can also be made on-line at www.CanadaHelps.org.
MCF Board of Directors
A 9-member Board of Directors oversees the operation of the Foundation. The Annual Meeting of the MCF is held in March.
- Kate Procter, Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kriss Snell, Vice-Chair, email@example.com
- Lori Gordon, Secretary/Treasurer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phil Beard, Interim Executive Director, email@example.com
- Orval Bauer, 519-887-6575
- Francis Hogan, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ruth Knight, email@example.com
- Kate Tervit, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deb Shewfelt, email@example.com
- Joe Vulders, 226-921-4295
The MCF welcomes volunteers interested in assisting with fundraising campaigns or joining the Board of Directors. For more information please contact Phil Beard (519-335-3557 ext. 231) or Lori Gordon at (519-335-3557 ext. 246).
Maitland Conservation Foundation
1093 Marietta St.
Box 127, Wroxeter, ON N0G 2X0