Gate Attendant at Falls Reserve Conservation Area
Work Period: Mid-June to Labour Day (with possible additional shifts until Oct. 17, 2021)
Location: Falls Reserve Conservation Area (Benmiller, Ontario)
Pay Range: $14.50 to $15.50 per hour
Shifts: 37.5 hour per week in July and Aug and as scheduled
Falls Reserve Conservation Area is seeking an individual with excellent customer service skills to fill the position of Gate Attendant for the campground operating season.
Falls Reserve Conservation Area is a 230 acre property situated in the Lower Maitland River Valley. The park has 181 campsites with both seasonal and short-stay overnight camping and day-use facilities.
Reporting to the Conservation Area Superintendent(s), the Gate Attendant will assist with the day-to-day front gate operations at Falls Reserve Conservation Area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform front gate office operations including: entrance gate control, issuing campsite and day use permits, booking campsite reservations and collecting fees
- Answer incoming phone calls and take messages as required.
- Provide information to visitors regarding the area, facilities and regulations
- Respond to customer concerns and complaints courteously and effectively
- Responsible for handling cash using a cash till and processing electronic payment method
- Opening and closing facilities as required
- Frequent sanitizing of work areas. Follow Maitland Conservation’s COVID safe working policies.
- Assist with cleaning park washrooms as required
- Carry out all assigned duties in accordance with accepted safety practices
- Provide quality customer service
- Assist with other Conservation Area operational duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Previous experience in customer service and cash handling preferred
- Must possess or be willing to obtain a current (less than 60 days) Police Records Check (a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check) and provide prior to start date
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License is an asset
- Valid Standard First Aid / CPR certification
- Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays
- Familiarity with Falls Reserve Conservation Area and park policies would be an asset
- Excellent written and communication skills and the ability to keep accurate records
- Basic computer skills required
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- The successful applicant will be provided a uniform consisting of 2 t-shirts with Maitland Conservation logo
- The successful applicant will be required to supply their own tan/ beige coloured pant as part of the uniform
- A clean and complete uniform must be worn when engaged in the duties of the position
- Hi-Vis and PPE is provided and must be worn when engaged in specific duties
- All successful applicants must possess their own Green Patch CSA approved safety boots with ankle support. These boots must be worn at all times
Send your resume and a cover letter (referencing this position title) by email to email@example.com . Please include Attention to: Jason Moir, Park Superintendent in the email subject line and in your cover letter. Please send your resume and cover letter in an MS Word document or PDF.
4:00 pm on June 28, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance.
Maitland Conservation is an equal opportunity employer. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.