Public Notice per Section 36 of O. Reg. 287/07, Ontario Clean Water Act, 2006
Notice of Commencement of Public Consultation on Proposed Amendments to Source Protection Plans
Have your say!
This is public notice of consultation, on proposed updates to source protection plans and assessment reports, in Ausable Bayfield and Maitland Valley source protection areas.
Download the full Notice of Commencement of Public Consultation on Draft Amendments (PDF file)
- Updates to protection areas of drinking water system for Belgrave, plus minor changes to Auburn, Palmerston and Wingham
- Policies are updated to reflect new Technical Rules and to ensure Plans are current. Key changes address road salt, fuel storage and snow storage.
How will this affect me?
If you live or work in a wellhead protection area, Plan policies may affect certain activities which could impact sources of drinking water.
Let us know what you think:
You are invited to submit comments on the proposed updates by February 10, 2023. Submit your written comments to email@example.com
You are invited to find out more at open houses and/or a webinar:
- Webinar: Wednesday, January 11, 2023 from noon to 1:30 p.m. Please pre-register by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wingham: Wednesday, January 18, 2023, 4:30-7 p.m., Hot Stove Lounge, North Huron Wescast Community Complex, 99 Kerr Drive.
- Clinton: Wednesday, January 25, 2023, 4:30-7 p.m., Board Room, Central Huron Community Centre Complex, 239 Bill Fleming Drive.
For more information and to review the documents visit the Consultation web page on the source protection website.
Call 519-235-2610 or toll-free 1-888-286-2610