The deadline for tree and shrub orders is January 14, 2022. Please note that Tamarack seedlings are now sold out.
DIY Planting – If you want to plan your own planting project this option is for you.
- Fill out the tree and shrub order form.
- Check with our forestry staff to see if your project is eligible for grant funding.
- Pick up your trees when your order arrives in April.
Planting Coordination Services – Maitland Conservation staff will work with you to develop a planting plan and coordinate the planting with a contractor.
- To get started, decide on the type of planting project you want to do.
- Contact our forestry staff. Staff will visit your planting site and discuss your planting plan.
- Complete the tree and shrub order form.
- Decide if you want to hire a contractor for planting.
- Depending on your planting plan, either pick up your trees when your order arrives in April, or set up a date with our staff for delivery and planting.
Available Stock – A variety of large stock and seedling trees, plus potted shrub species are available to order. To make transporting and planting easier for landowners, all large stock trees and shrubs will be either ball and burlap or potted.
Funding – Your planting project may be eligible for cost-share funding. Maitland Conservation staff will help you assess if your project is eligible for a grant. Limited funding is currently available through:
- Huron Clean Water Project
- Wellington Rural Water Quality Program
- 50 Million Tree Program
- OSCIA programs
Order Deadline – Friday, January 14th, 2022
Greg Urquhart, Forestry Technician
519-335-3557 ext. 235